twitter




Sunday, October 25, 2009

Is mixing Guaifenesin and Diphenhydramine safe?

I am curious if mixing the two would cause a reaction with one another causing an overdose of some type. I am very fluish right now and I am trying to bombard my body with all I can! Thanks for your help.

Sincerely yours,
Aezrel
Answer:
Guaufenesin is an antitussive and expectorant- to combat nonproductive cough in colds or bronchitis.

Diphenhydramine is an antihistimine used to temporarily relieve various allergic conditions...the big thing with this one is drowsiness. If you use it all the time there may be more side effects that may need more assessment.

BUT, i don't think that there is a problem with taking these together...but don't forget, we're not doctors here unless we state we are!! :)
Hope you feel better!
Yes, I've done this a number of times. Guaifenesin doesn't seem to react with anything.

1 comment:

  1. You have just described the two active ingredients in ROBITUSSIN NIGHT TIME!

    ReplyDelete

 
vc .net