twitter




Sunday, October 25, 2009

Is my boyfriend what you call addicted?

Okay my boyfried every couple of weeks will spend over a hundred dollars in one night on crack coccaine. He doesnt do it every day or every week. But he cant seem to stop doing it every so often. It is hurting us finacially and he kicks himself for doing it but he wont stop. This might not be the best place to ask something like this and if anyone knows a better place to ask this let me know thanks.
Answer:
My boyfriend is a former "crackhead" who had a serious addiction to it. So I know WAY too much about this horrible drug. Many things you say point to an addiction, whether you want to see it or not.
1. He spends money you two don't have on it.
2. He can't seem to stop doing it.
3. He binges when he does it.
I don't see an addiction as necessarily the frequency of doing something. You're trying to make it ok to yourself by saying he only does it once in a while. But those three signs that I pointed out above are your own words out of your own short question and they all scream addict.

Crack is called the Devil's Candy for a reason. It deadens your life and steals your very soul. Be careful for this could EASILY turn into full-time dependence. How do you know it hasn't already? Getting caught with crack, even residue in a pipe, is a FELONY. If caught with it in your vehicle your vehicle will be seized. This is a very dangerous game he is playing and tread lightly you DO NOT want to go down that road it is HELL. My b/f stole all of my $$$, lied and lied and was a completely different person. I didn't know right away what was going on I was working 12 hour days then coming home and taking care of my kids. At the bginning he even almost had me convinced that my 2 older kids were the ones stealing my money. He didn't work so he had plenty of time to indulge when I wouldn't notice. All day long before I came home from work, all night long while I was sleeping. Things finally came to a head when he took off in MY brand new SUV and disappeared on what ended up to be a 4 day long binge, and left me here with my kids and no vehicle (that I was paying for!). So I reported my vehicle stolen!

If you think that it can't happen to you or him think again. Crack has no conscience and doesn't discriminate between gender or race. If you would like to chat more email me.
yes he hooked get him some help fast before it's gets to a everyday thing good luck
Turn him in?

He is a felon, a he is purchasing and using a controlled substance. He needs help, and he needs it now. Give him an ultimatum; get help or get out.
Substance addiction is when sb is physically or psychologically dependent on sth. If he can not go without cocaine, he may be addicted or being addicted.
Another problem is his indulgence at spending for the substance.
Yeah, you should definitely talk to him about at least switching to something less expensive and less hardcore. He pronbably doesn't want to go to a treatment center (which costs a lot more than crack) but yes, that is what you call addicted. Crack is seriously harmful, talk to him about at least doing something else, speed pills, pain killers, anything. The best place to go to talk about this would be your boyfriend. Good luck, best wishes :)
im gonna have to say he needs rehab, i knew someone who was the same way as much as they say they can quit whenever they want , the reality is they can't, its not their fault its a powerful drug that controls you rather than you control it, don't listen to the idiots on here saying to switch to something else, just drop the drugs and go to rehab and get better
Yes, he is addicted. The reason I can be sure of that is he's hurting you (and himself) financially, perhaps emotionally as well. And still he doesn't stop. So that's because either he's A.) Lying, and really doesn't care what you think or care about the expense, or B.) He can't stop, only stretch the amount of time between binges. Sometimes with addicts both are true, so it's up to you to decide. My family is struggling with an addict and have been for several years. If this is just the beginning, start look in the yellow pages for Addicts Anonymous. He needs help- there is over a 90% fail rate for people who try to quit, alone and 'cold turkey'. If he won't go, then it's time to separate yourself from him. Addiction is a fast downward spiral and without help, you may find him jobless, always looking for the next fix, and pulling you down with him. There are no happy endings for people who don't get help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net