twitter




Sunday, October 25, 2009

Is my sense of smell broken?

I have a very strong sense of smell. But from time to time I my sense of smell picks up something that smells like really strong acid (like sulphuric acid or something). There's never any good reason for it. No one else can ever smell it and it persists for at least 15 minutes until it starts hurting my sinuses.
I know it sounds really odd. But it's really annoying when it happens. Does anyone know anything about your sense of smell malfunctioning or anything?
Answer:
You may be actually smelling something. Investigate area manufacturers and industry. Pesticides and lawn fertilizers may also be the culprit. Armarol, that stuff for polishing the interior of cars and enriching tires and such, whatever's in that can cause temporary olfactory disturbances. You may be harboring a well-localized chronic sinus infection that "blooms" regularly and casts off its musk. Many schizophrenics have olfactory hallucinations and abnormally sensitive senses of smell. You might have a malfunction in the olfactory sensory system. If you have a history of seizure activity, report this problem to your physician. Taking zinc supplements can significantly stabilize and repair the sense of smell.
I suggest see you doctor. I have no idea why you are so sensitive to smells.
mine has lost sensitivity. kind of a blessing though. i dont eat as much as i used to.
I am not a Doctor, But I have experienced the same type of situation. If you smell something that sort of smells like shoe-polish, and no one else can smell it, you are probably allergic to mold spores. Since no one else has answered, I would venture to say that you are allergic to something.
I don't need votes, I hope this helps.
I usually take benadryl when it gets bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net