twitter




Sunday, October 25, 2009

Is Nytol a good over the counter remedy for sleeping problems? Can anyone recommend good tips for getting a go


Answer:
You need to understand why you can't fall asleep without medication. Sort that out and you will save yourself a lot of problems. Nytol / Night Nurse is good once in a while but you don't want to become reliant on medication. My advice would be to go and speak to your GP/doctor.
didnt work for me try a warm bath not too much excitement before you go to bed
I use them now and again. I take the one per night ones. I often have to go away fot the odd night, and find that they help me to sleep in a strange bed
The herbal ones are good for occasional use. I use them if I have trouble switching off.
Cut down on caffine, don't eat too soon before bed and some lavendar oil on your pillow can help to relax you.Make sure your bedroom is quiet and tidy too as an untidy room can distract you.Classical music played very low helps too.Make sure the room is nice and dark too.
I would consult your GP on this one.

Nytol and similar may treat the symptoms, but that is different from a cure.
Nytol didn't work for me either. I was kept awake wondering when they were going to work lol. Try the old fashion remedies. Soak in a nice warm bath then have a hot milky drink. Better than any drug! Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net